Leopard print has been popping up all over Hollywood. Lately we’ve seen it show up on the red carpet. Kim Kardashian and Paris Hilton show off their curves in technicolor leopard print dresses, while Padma Lakshmi chooses to go the more demure route with a solid dress and leopard print stilettos. The look is fabulously fun!
Recently in Trendspotting Category
Gone are the days of glossy lips. From New York Fashion Week to the red carpet, we’ve seen the emergence of the matte lip. Although the trend has been done in both nudes and browns, we love the peach and pink colors seen on Kristen Bell and Charlize Theron.
Pretty your pucker without emptying your pocketbook with the 10 shades of Maniac Mat Long-Wearing Matte Lipstick just $12 at Sephora.
photos via Life
Having an outfit like this in your closet is perfect for traveling, shopping or days when you’re just too cold or too tired to care about what you put on. Throw on neutral layers and a large pair of shades and you’re good to go.
The key to achieving this look is to use neutral colors to build your layers. Gray, black and nude is a sophisticated palette that works well on top of simple basics like dark-rinse denim and white T-shirts. The key is to have many elements to your outfit that are all working together and not have one piece that stands out among all the rest.
1. Dory sunglasses, $98 at bananarepublic.com
2. Metallic stripe scarf, $7.80 at forever21.com
3. Ladderweave scarf in nude, $32 at topshop.com
4. Hope thin scarf in stone, $138 at lagarconne.com
5. Rounded cat eye sunglasses, $5.80 at forever21.com
6. Knitted long top in blush, $70 at topshop.com
7. Cozy wrap sweater, $89 at athleta.com
8. The Sak Convertible Satchel, $199 at nordstrom.com
9. Nottingham tall leather flat boots, $298 at jcrew.com
photos via instyle
A little late on the trend uptake, aren’t we Jess?
Jessica Simpson attended the 8th annual Operation Smile Gala in Beverly Hills, CA last week wearing…a jumpsuit.
Out of all the jumpsuits we’ve seen lately (click here to see eight jumpsuit-loving celebs), this has to be the most dated, unflattering and unfashionable one of the bunch. Sorry.
We like the clutch!
photos via instyle