Having an outfit like this in your closet is perfect for traveling, shopping or days when you’re just too cold or too tired to care about what you put on. Throw on neutral layers and a large pair of shades and you’re good to go.
The key to achieving this look is to use neutral colors to build your layers. Gray, black and nude is a sophisticated palette that works well on top of simple basics like dark-rinse denim and white T-shirts. The key is to have many elements to your outfit that are all working together and not have one piece that stands out among all the rest.
1. Dory sunglasses, $98 at bananarepublic.com
2. Metallic stripe scarf, $7.80 at forever21.com
3. Ladderweave scarf in nude, $32 at topshop.com
4. Hope thin scarf in stone, $138 at lagarconne.com
5. Rounded cat eye sunglasses, $5.80 at forever21.com
6. Knitted long top in blush, $70 at topshop.com
7. Cozy wrap sweater, $89 at athleta.com
8. The Sak Convertible Satchel, $199 at nordstrom.com
9. Nottingham tall leather flat boots, $298 at jcrew.com
photos via instyle