Now that Thanksgiving is behind us, we have officially entered the holiday season. What that means for most of us is that there’s a lot to do. From shopping to cooking, or attending various holiday events and parties, there just aren’t enough hours in the day to get it all done! The best way to make it through the next month (and even all year round) is to find little ways to save time — 10 minutes here, 15 minutes there quickly adds up to some significant daily or weekly time. Here are some of our favorite time-saving tips:
1. Do all of your shopping online. Not only is this a significant time-saver, it’s also a stress-saver: no crowded malls or trips to the toy store only to find that the must-have gift is sold out. Take advantage of free shipping/free return offers and discount coupons as often as you can, and you’ll save money as well as time.
2. Stock up on generic gifts. Candles, lotions, bottles of wine are perfect for quick gifts for everyone from teachers to postal workers.
3. Head to the dollar store and stock up on gift bags. You’ll save loads of time wrapping presents.
4. Pay your bills online. This is one of our favorite timesaving tips year round. Set up recurring payments and pay all other bills once a month online in a fraction of the time it takes to hand write and mail checks. Plus, you’ll save money on postage.
5. Order groceries online. It’s a holiday lifesaver.
6. Work out at home. During the holidays, it’s often hard to find time to go to the gym. Working out at home saves time and is easier to fit into any schedule, even if it’s just 15 minutes a day. Go for a walk, sign up for online yoga classes, or check out YouTube for free fitness videos.
7. Become the master of the under 30 minute meal. Keep a file of tried-and-true recipes for dinners that can be made quickly, using ingredients from your pantry or freezer. Sign up for notakeout.com for free daily recipes that are easy and quick.
8. DVR it! Record your favorite shows and skip over commercials: you can watch a 30 minute show in 22 minutes.
9. Make lists. Staying organized is essential. Store lists on your mobile phone so you are always reminded.
10. Delegate. When possible, ask for help!
Tell us, what are your favorite time-saving tips?
Introducing the Samsung Stratosphere™ , the first full QWERTY keyboard slider on Verizon’s lightning fast 4GLTE network. Learn More here.