With each season comes a new set of trends and must-buy pieces, but savvy shoppers already have a head start for spring 2012. If you’ve taken our shopping advice over the past few seasons, you’re in luck! Here are 10 trends you already own that couldn’t be hotter this spring:
1. Boyfriend Jeans – The boyfriend jean continues to be a must-have. Cuff yours to a cropped length and wear with everything from pumps and wedges to ballet flats and strappy sandals.
2. Statement Necklace – Though there’s less of an emphasis on bold, statement necklaces this season, you’ll be thrilled to know you can still wear yours to make any outfit pop.
3. Bangles / Cuff Bracelets – Always a spring and summer favorite, give yours a fresh look by piling several together on one wrist.
4. Espadrilles / Wedges – A mainstay of spring wardrobes for many seasons now, you likely own a pair or two, lucky you!
5. Chambray Shirt – Last year’s soft chambray shirt returns and it’s as versatile as ever. Tuck it into a pretty printed skirt, wear it open over a dress as a substitute for a jacket, or wear it as a beach cover up.
6. Cropped Pants – You likely have a pair or two of cropped pants from seasons past, pull yours out of the closet and wear them with pumps or pointy-toe flats for a fresh look.
7. Florals – When is there a spring season when floral isn’t a trend? This season’s florals are big, bold and bright, so wear yours with gusto.
8. Skinny White Jeans – Though they’re more of a classic than a trend, skinny white jeans have moved to the forefront of fashion this season.
9. Maxi Dress – Yes, the maxi dress is back and it’s joined by its sister, the maxi skirt, for one of this season’s most important silhouettes.
10. Cross-Body Bag – Rejoice! Last year’s hands-free favorite is hot again this year.