With each season comes a new set of must-buy pieces, but savvy shoppers already have a head start this spring. If you’ve taken our advice over the past few seasons, you’re in luck! Here are 20 trends you already own that couldn’t be hotter this spring:
1. Statement Necklace – One trend we’re thrilled to see continue is the statement necklace. Ubiquitous for the past few seasons, it’s the quickest way to make your outfit pop.
2. Boyfriend Blazer – Last season’s must-buy, the boyfriend blazer, still looks fresh layered over dresses and skirts, or paired with jeans and shorts.
3. Belts – Thick or thin, belts continue their run as an important accessory, instantly transforming virtually anything in your wardrobe. Wear yours to cinch cardigans, jackets, t-shirts, blouses, dresses and more.
6. Trench Coat – The one piece on every Top 10 list year after year is the trench coat. Hopefully you’ve got at least one in your closet, bonus points if it’s in a bright color. Don’t own a trench? Get one – now.
7. Bangles – Cuffs may be the big trend for wrists this season, but it’s still chic to pile on your chunky bangles.
8. Grecian or Gladiator Flats – In 2008, we predicted gladiator sandals would be a one-season trend, boy were we wrong! For the third year in a row, Grecian flat sandals are a summer footwear favorite (including ours).
9. Hobo Bag – You likely have a slouchy bag in your closet from seasons past and, thankfully, it’s still in style.
10. Cargo Pants – A staple of your casual wardrobe for several years, the military-inspired pant looks fresh again this season. Wear yours with pretty printed tops and heels or wedges for a fresh look.
11. Denim Skirt – Whether mini or pencil, it’s time to dust off your old denim skirt. Bonus points if it’s a medium blue color a la Stella McCartney’s spring collection.
12. Wedges – A mainstay of spring wardrobes for several seasons now, you likely own a pair or two, lucky you!
13. Skinny Jeans & Boyfriend Jeans – Both denim silhouettes are still favorites this season.
14. Turquoise Jewelry – Every few years, turquoise jewelry regains its must-have status proving to be a wise investment for your collection. Odds are you’ve got at least a piece or two in your jewelry box.
15. Nautical Striped Top – Timeless navy and white or red and white striped tops are suddenly trendy again.
16. Scarves – Whether you invested in last summer’s lightweight scarf or have an old printed silk scarf in your closet, drape yours over tees, tanks, cardigans and more.
17. Fringed Handbag – The fringed boho accessories that were so hot last spring still look great with denim and florals this season.
18. One-Shouldered Dress – Asymmetrical tops and dresses made our Top 10 list last spring, were still hot in the fall, and continue to make a statement this spring.
19. Leggings – Love ’em or hate ’em, leggings are still in style.
20. Shorts – Shorter length shorts are one of the hottest trends this season.
Consider yourself lucky if you also own one of these:
21. Messenger Bag – Did you save your leather messenger bag from many years ago? We’re calling them cross-body bags now, and they’re super chic.
22. Animal Print or Snakeskin Accessory – Hot, hot, hot this spring.
23. Belted Safari Jacket – A big trend a few years ago, we’re loving them again this season with flirty full skirts or dresses.