Q. This is my daughter’s first homecoming and I have a few questions for you:
1. What type/color shoe should she wear. Her dress is lime green with sequins of blue green and a deep pink color all over it. Any suggestions?
2. Her date is 6′ 1“ so should she keep the shoes higher?
3. As for her date, would black be just about the only color of suit/tux he could go with and would it be perfectly acceptable for him to wear a matching lime green tie? Also, what color shirt can he go with that would be different, considering he is wearing a lime green tie. I am new at this and want it to be extra special for them.
A. What a helpful Mom you are! Here are my suggestions:
1. Her shoes can be a metallic blue or green, or a great pink to match the sequins, since finding lime green will be just about impossible and would be overkill with the color of the dress. If you can’t find one of those colors, then consider a gold metallic stappy heel.
2. She should wear high heels to be closer in height to her date, but not so high that she’s sacrificing comfort and teetering so high she may fall.
3. A black suit/tux is always classic – and let’s skip wearing a lime green tie since it is probably not his cup of tea. He can wear a great colored tie that matches one of the sequin colors, like blue. Or traditional black tie always works and it is not necessary that his tie match her colors.