Q. I’m so tired of my bra straps showing when I wear summer dresses and sleeveless tops. I’m not a fan of strapless bras, so what else can I do to keep my straps under wraps?
A. This is a problem I often face as well. You have a few options to help keep bra straps in place, depending on the kind of top you are wearing:
- Opt for a racerback or convertible bra that will help keep bra straps closer to your neck without sliding down onto your shoulders.
- If you’re not ready to invest in a new bra, try an inexpensive bra strap converter that helps turn a standard bra into a racerback.
- Use double stick fashion tape to temporarily adhere straps to your top to keep them from peeking out.
- Have little lingerie snaps sewn into your tops and dresses to keep bra straps in place.
More fixes for fashion emergencies:
- 911 for fashion emergencies
- What to wear under strapless, asymmetrical and halter necklines
- Top shapewear solutions for summer