Q. What a fantastic site! I’m attending a friend’s engagement party in late Oct. It will be held in the afternoon at a country club. I was planning to wear a shawl collared white shirt with a wrap tie (new at Ann Taylor), a black pencil skirt with some small pleats in the back and some awesome Stuart Weitzman peep toe pumps in a deep red/burgundy patent leather. My sister tells me I would look like the staff and I shouldn’t wear the black and white. Help? I thought I could pull it off with killer shoes! BLACK AND WHITE?
A. You can definitely pull it off with killer heels and add a multi strand or chunky stand out necklace or a big cuff to add to the punch of the outfit.
1. CC Skye Enamel Cuff Bracelet, $202 at pinkmascara.com
2. Mod hammered cuff, $32 at bananarepublic.com
3. Resin pyramid bangle, $24 at bananarepublic.com
4. Circle link necklace, $38 at bananarepublic.com
5. Floral triple-strand necklace, $88 at bananarepublic.com