Q. I hope you can help me with what seems like a simple quest. I have been in search of some great versatile brown heels for at least a year now. I was originally looking for brown croc heels but am open to other options. Maybe I’ll have better luck in the fall but I have a bunch of skirts & outfits that really need a basic brown shoe now. I’d probably wear them mostly to work so need a closed toe & everything right now is sandals, open toed etc. Also on the wish list – heel about 2-2 1/2 inches high or less, dark brown in color. Most flat leather brown heels seem to look cheap to me so I’ve been avoided those. Or, the brown is a strange shade. Black is so much easier – black is black!
A. We found some truly beautiful brown shoes with moderate heels, including a couple of croc pumps. These are classic shoes you can wear year round. And all but one are under $100!
1. Nine West Nuncio 13, $69 at piperlime.com
2. Franco Sarto ‘Fall’ Pump, $84.95 at nordstrom.com
3. Circa Joan & David Reginah 7, $99 at piperlime.com
4. Kenneth Cole Reaction Bell-issma, $89 at piperlime.com
5. LAUREN Ralph Lauren Tamia, $99 at zappos.com
6. Terza Corsia, $79 at yoox.com
7. Cour Carre, $138 at yoox.com