Q. What are your suggestions for a stay at home mom (40) with 4 kids, 7 years old and under who works part time? I am looking for a polished casual look that suits my very active lifestyle (I walk everywhere).
-Walkin’ Workin’ mom
A. To move flawlessly from errands to playtime to work, you need footwear that is comfortable and ranges from cute kicks to flats and low heels with padded insoles. I’m a big fan of Cole Haan’s collection with Nike Air technology. For a look that can go from work to running after the kids, trouser jeans are a must have. Take a look at our Classics Rock style recipe for tips on choosing button down shirts, a sporty blazer and other key pieces that can be paired with jeans or pants. Additionally, you’ll need shirts and skirts with stretch, fitted cotton jersey tops, and jackets that can pull double duty for play and work.
Jackets that can work and play and clearly don’t define themselves by a stuffy office:
Pair them with:
4. Slim stretch shirt, $59.50 at jcrew.com
5. Soft knit long-sleeve scoopneck tee, $38 at jcrew.com
6. TOMMY HILFIGER Montauk Paisley Shirt, $69.50 at macys.com
7. Diane von Furstenberg Gilligan Pant, $275 at shopbop.com
8. David Kahn Jeans Stretch Trouser Jeans, $168 at nordstrom.com
9. Cole Haan Fiona Mid Air Pump, $278.95 at zappos.com
10. Cole Haan Air Bria Woven Ballet, $178.95 at zappos.comzappos.com