Q. I am attending a Business Holiday party. I do not want to wear a dress. The party is at a very nice house with about 80 people and the dress code is holiday casual. I have a black velvet sport coat, black velvet trouser pants and black open toed patent leather heals and a red patent leather clutch to carry but I am not sure what blouse to wear, I somewhat like to look sexy but not sleazy any suggestions.
A. Sounds like you have a festive holiday outfit to wear to the party. So all you need is a slightly sexy top that works with your velvet ensemble and red clutch. I’ve found multiple tops that have shine, sheen, sex appeal and are attractive all on their own if you choose to take your velvet jacket off and get jiggy with it.
1. Ruffle Front Empire Blouse, $58 at ardenb.com
2. Plaid Tube, $39 at ardenb.com
3. Silk braided halter top, $78 at bananarepublic.com
4. Solid silk Elizabeth halter, $88 at jcrew.com
5. Alice & Olivia Beaded V Neck Top, $297 at pinkmascara.com