Q. I have been addicted to your website for years. It is so helpful for many reasons. I am writing to you for advice on finding a bathing suit. I am a 34D sometimes DD, but a size 6 on bottom. I am having the hardest time finding appropriate bathing suits (I am 38 years old) that don’t make me look pregnant in the middle, but fit nicely in the breast area. I usually wear halter type tankini’s, but lately the cuts are so low that I feel like I have to squeeze into it. Any suggestions or ideas on where to find decent bathing suits that are made for a woman and not a young girl?
– Suit Yourself from Long Island
A. I found several options that will fit a size D-DD cup size and offer coverage so you don’t feel uncomfortable at the beach or pool. Sites like jcrew.com and figleaves.com offer swimwear sections specifically for D-cups and you can buy separates to insure you get the right support on top and the coverage on your bottom half. Don’t forget to check out our swim style recipe with more swimsuit tips and suggestions.
1. D-cup solid halter tank (available in 5 colors), $74 at jcrew.com
2. D-cup solid halter tank top (available in 6 colors), $57 at jcrew.com
3. Contrast Waist Suit, $152 at couturecandy.com
4. Women’s Regular Solid Ruched V-neck Tankini Swimsuit, $69.50 at landsend.com
5. Next by Athena Tiny Bubbles Tankini Top (D & DD-Cups), $56 at macys.com