Q. I had to buy these “Minx” shoes by Luichiny ($88.95 at amazon.com). It was an impulse – buy now, figure it out later. Now I’m having trouble figuring out what to wear with them other than a plain black short dress. I do know that I should go with basic and simple.
- What Now?
A. Basic and simple does not mean that the look has to be boring or a solid color to wear with your new embellished heels. I envision a black and white patterned, fitted sheath dress or a pencil skirt worn with a flowy ruffled top. Tops from designers like Geren Ford, Diane Von Furstenberg or Tucker would work or a dress from Alice + Olivia. Here are some ideas:
1. Alice + Olivia Polka Dot Tulip Dress, $330 at shopbop.com
2. Alice + Olivia Pleated Puff Dress, $495 at shopbop.com
3. Maggy London Print Silk Twill Shift Dress, $148 at nordstrom.com
4. Milly Cotton Jacquard Dress, $385 at nordstrom.com
5. Black and White Cotton Dresses by Tibi, $360 at edressme.com
6. Alexander Wang Seersucker Silk & Wool Dress, $650 at nordstrom.com (expensive, but so chic!)