When the weather cools off, and the leaves start turning, nothing is more comforting than warm, sweet and spicy scents – whether in the kitchen or on your body! Blanket yourself in fall aromas with these five indulgent goodies.
1. Philosophy Trick or Treat Lip Shine Duo, $18. Pumpkin spice and caramel apple? Yes, please! These high-shine glosses smell and taste fantastic, adding a nice sheer hint of color. Though they are a little stickier than we would have liked, we didn’t mind, because Philosophy goodies are formulated without parabens, sulfates, GMOs and triclosan.
2. Philosophy The Gingerbread Man Scrub, $25. We adore scrubs for this brand. They have the perfect amount of grain (not too soft, not too rough), plus they warm up marvelously as you work them onto your skin in the tub or bath. The spicy, gingery scent of this cookie-inspired scrub is light, and refreshing, and stays on your skin for a good amount of time.
3. Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme Peel, $44. PTR is known for their anti-aging products, and their pumpkin peel is no exception. We loved how soft our skin was after just one use, and the fantastic scent is addicting. Plus, we were originally afraid it might be too much for our sensitive facial skin to handle, but there was no reaction, or left over breakouts!
4. Fresh Sugar Plum Lip Treatment SPF 15, $22.50. Give us a sweet, SPF-laden, sheerly tinted and silky lip product any day. Fresh’s new plum hue is fantastic for fall because it’s sweet, and pairs perfectly with wind blushed cheeks. The twist at the bottom of the stick is great for securing the top nicely, so we don’t have to worry about the top coming off in our bags. Though a little pricey, it will most likely last for months.
5. Cranberry Joy Shimmer Lotion by the Body Shop, $16. For us, the mouthwatering cranberry scent from the Body Shop is our favorite holiday scent. Though its more reminiscent of Christmas than of fall (to us, at least), the light shimmer it leaves on your skin looks beautiful in soft autumnal light.