Last Fall, Chanel teased fashionistas and lacquer junkies with peaks at its new shade: Particuliere. It caused frenzies, really, it did. The dove, taupey gray nail trend sailed into spring effortlessly shortly after. Now, as the trend continues into fall 2010, it has evolved into a cooler, heather gray.
Starlets such as Lauren Conrad (above), Scarlett Johansson, Jessica Szohr and Sienna Miller have been sporting the cement and smoke hues as of late. This neutral may not sound uber exciting at first mention, but trust us, it’s the perfect complement to all the whites and brights you’ll be squeezing out of your summer wardrobe in the next few weeks, as well as the richer, darker shades that perpetuate fall fashions.
Look for steely shades (we love any with slight purple undertones), that are glossy. Or pair this trend with the metallic trend to get the best of both worlds.
1. $6, American Apparel Factory Grey, Americanapparel.com
2. $8, Essie Chinchilly, Ulta.com
3. $2, China Glaze Recycle, Amazon.com
4. $8, Dashing Diva Astor Place, Dashingdiva.com
5. $14, RGB Steel, Rgbcosmetics.com
6. $18, Rescue Beauty Concrete Jungle, Rescuebeauty.com