At Miami Swim Week this weekend, there was more than just amazing swimwear on display, hair looks also took center stage in styles that may have just outshined the clothes. At Beach Bunny Featuring The Blonds’ highly anticipated show, the hair was amped up to the extreme to complement swimsuits inspired by the legendary 1960s film, Barbarella. TRESemmé Lead Stylist Tyler Laswell modernized the iconic look by creating voluminous waves to enhance the designers’ glamorous collection. Below, Tyler tells us how to get the look:
- Prep hair with a generous amount of TRESemmé Thermal Creations Mousse and roughly blow-dry with fingers. Use a brush to smooth out the roots and create lift.
- Starting at the nape of the neck, take small sections of hair and curl using a 1-inch curling iron. Wrap hair twice in one direction, then start at the bottom of the curl indentation and wrap the remaining hair the opposite direction and pin. Continue until entire head is curled and pinned.
- Next, begin removing the pin curls starting at the nape of the neck. Spray each curl with TRESemmé TRES Two Extra Firm Control Hair Spray at the roots and tease with teasing brush.
- Once all pin curls have been removed, lightly brush hair back from the roots to smooth.
- Finish look with TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Illuminating Shine Spray.
We Are Handsome delivered a collection suited for the independent and individualistic girl – the girl who is confident, yet coy; sophisticated, yet playful; colorful, yet chic. With this inspiration in mind, TIGI® Global Creative Director Nick Irwin created a city-chic bohemian braid for one of the hair looks (snake not included):
- Brush clean, dry hair into a low, asymmetric ponytail on the right side of the nape of the neck; secure with elastic.
- Use CATWALK® by TIGI® Work It Hairspray to gently smooth the hair to the head, while maintaining a bit of imperfection.
- Spray ponytail with CATWALK® by TIGI® Transforming Dry Shampoo to create a matte texture.
- Then, using a 3-strand technique, braid ponytail and secure end with clear elastic. Use fingers to separate and loosen the braid, creating desired texture.
- For added shine, apply a small amount of the CATWALK® by TIGI® Camera Ready Shine Spray to the head in efforts to create dual texture.
Shop the products: