We’ve been fascinated by the jelly sandwich manicure for ages. And we’ve been meaning to try it for just as long, but we just got to it this week! And you know what? It’s incredibly simple to do–but looks incredibly cool! Here’s how to do it.
1) Pick a nail polish with a jelly finish. A jelly nail polish is super glossy and on the sheerer side, which makes it perfect for layering. We like the three nail polishes from the Zoya Gloss Collection ($8 each at zoya.com), which all have a jelly finish. We used the aubergine-hued Katherine here.
2) Pick a nail polish with a glitter finish. The glitter-ier, the better! You can do one with large flecks, like the bold gold Deborah Lippmann Boom Boom Pow ($20 at nordstrom.com), or one with smaller glitter flecks, like the pretty baby pink NARS Arabesque ($18 at barneys.com), which is what we used here.
3) Start with a base coat to protect your nails and help the nail polish stick better. We like CND Stickey ($8.50 at ulta.com).
4) Layer the polishes one on top of the other, starting with the jelly and waiting for each to dry completely before applying the next layer. At this point, it’s really up to you how sandwich-like you want the manicure to be. It might be okay with just one layer of glitter, but we went with two to really jazz it up. So the final layers looked like this:
5) Finish with a top coat to seal in the polish and add shine. We live and breathe by Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat ($8.99 at walgreens.com).
And that’s it! You’ve now given yourself a jelly sandwich manicure.
Have you tried this before–or are you going to now? Let us know in the comments!