Ashley Greene worked the red carpet as the fashion correspondent for this year’s MTV Video Music Awards. We think she did a great job, but of course we had to get the scoop on her glamorous hairstyle. Styled by Pantene Celebrity Stylist, Danilo, Ashley’s long, wavy locks offered a retro feel with contemporary glamour.
Here’s how you can recreate the look:
1. Starting on wet hair, Danilo sprayed the Pantene Pro-V Root Lifter Gel ($4.99, walgreens.com) on her crown to prime her hair for a voluminous shape on top.
2. Since Ashley was stationed outside on the red carpet, Danilo combed through Pantene Pro-V Restoratives Frizz Control Ultra Smoothing Balm ($5.17, amazon.com) from the mid-shaft of her hair to the ends to keep it looking sleek and frizz-free despite the humidity.
3. After applying the balm, Danilo blow-dried her hair straight.
4. Danilo then pulled the top half of her hair back, using his classic French Lacing technique to give her healthy volume on top while leaving a dramatic side part for contrast.
5. He then used a large iron to create her loose flowing curls underneath, combing when necessary.
6. To hold the look in place, Danilo sprayed her hair with the Pantene Pro-V Texture Hairspray ($4.49, drugstore.com) for movable texture while she worked the carpet.
We also recommend: CHI Infra Texture Hair Spray ($12.99, target.com)