We got the inside scoop on how to copy Selena Gomez’s MTV Movie Awards hairstyle. Marissa Marino of the Nine Zero One Salon worked on the punky pompadour and used UNITE Hair Care products to get it just right. Here, from UNITE Hair Care, are the steps to recreate the look:
- To create the pompadour, section off hair from the front of your hairline and sprinkle it with the UNITE Expanda Dust ($25) throughout. Tease it back, using a comb. Next, pin this section with a bobby pin to secure it in place.
- Take the rest of the hair and make five small ponytails down the center of your head.
- Create a French braid using all of the ponytails together. (You can find French braid tutorials on YouTube.com).
- Spray the UNITE Session Max Hairspray ($29.95) all over to tame frizzies and smooth the sides around the hairline.
- To make the braid look undone, pull it apart and pin these pieces down, using bobby pins.
- Finish the look with the UNITE Max Control Hairspray ($27.50) to tame down any fly-aways.