Taylor Swift is infamous for two things: her long, blond mane and stealing your celebrity crush (sigh, Jake Gyllenhaal). Revenge has long been in order and now is the chance to get even with a little stealing of our own. Swift’s red carpet worthy ponytail at the Academy of Country Music Awards is versatile, on trend for spring, and best of all easy to copy on your own. This sleek ponytail easily goes from an average day at the office to a crazy night on the town and only takes a few tools you probably already own: styling lotion (a favorite: Living Proof’s styling cream), a blow dryer, and a flatiron. To fully commit to the T. Swift style, a clip-on bang is an optional but encouraged addition.
- Apply styling cream to damp hair and blow dry with a flat brush.
- Section and flatiron hair until your desired level of straight and sleek has been achieved.
- Carefully brush hair up into a ponytail, ensuring all bumps are smoothed out.
- Optional: Apply clip-on bang.
- For extra shine and to tame flyaways, finish the look with a high gloss spray, like Ojon’s Color Sustain gloss spray.