Many runway looks are fantasized versions of what are actually completely wearable trends. In this 2 week series, we break down some of our favorite styles from the Fall 2009 runways to show you simple designer-inspired styling tricks that anyone can pull off.
TIP 7: WEAR LEATHER JACKETS WITH DRESSES
Leather jackets and motorcycle styles add a casual edge to even the dressiest dress. Take a cue from the runways and pair yours with everything from office shift dresses to evening frocks.
Get the look with these pieces:
TIP 8: WEAR FLORALS IN THE FALL
No longer just for summer, floral dresses and skirts hit the fall runways paired with sweaters and dark tights.
Whether you invest in a new piece or transition one of your summer styles, pair them with tights, boots, blazers, turtlenecks and more. Here are a few looks for inspiration:
More runway styling tips:
- Sequins for day and night
- Layering Cardigans
- Mix your metals
- Wear white in winter
- Mix contrasting prints
- Balance bright colors with black
- Add interest to your look with patterned tights
- Boxy oversized blazers with skinny bottoms
- Get creative with layering
- Use leopard pieces to add interest
- Layer your knits
- Toughen up a dress with motorcycle shoes
- Wear bold shoes to brighten your look
- Wear a chunky cardigan with a floaty dress