Is there anything more fun than getting together with your girlfriends? Sure, you can plan a fun night out, but when was the last time you planned a Girls’ Night In? Read on for some ideas on how to plan a great party at home, no boys allowed.
Choose a theme
Having the girls over for an evening of fun doesn’t require heavy planning. However, choosing a theme or providing some entertainment can make the night extra special. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Mani/Pedi Night — Have some fun and save a trip to the salon by hosting a mani/pedi night. Have a variety of manicure tools available, the must-have nail colors of the season and even a few nail art kits to help friends get creative.
- DIY Night — Choose a craft, grab some supplies and host a DIY night. Some ideas include fancying up a plain sweatshirt with studs, lace or leather patches, or turning an old pair of jeans into a great pair of cut-offs. Check out Pinterest for some easy DIY ideas.
- Closet Swap — Encourage everyone to bring a few items from their closets that they no longer wear or that doesn’t fit well and have a stylish swap!
- Karaoke — Bring out the karaoke machine and let the fun begin!
- Game Night — Set out classic board games like backgammon, checkers and Monopoly for game night. Blackjack and poker can also be a lot of fun if your friends prefer casino night.
Serve a signature drink
Whether alcoholic or non-alcoholic, a signature drink can make the night feel special. Here’s one of our favorites:
Raspberry Acai Cooler
- 3 oz. Trop50 Raspberry Açaí
- 3 oz. lime seltzer
- 3-4 fresh mint leaves
- fresh ginger, minced
- raspberries for garnish
Rub fresh mint inside a glass and drop a few leaves in. Put ice cubes in glass and pour Trop50 Raspberry Açaí. Put a tiny pinch of ginger into the drink and stir well. Pour in seltzer and top with a few raspberries.
Note: you can multiply the recipe and serve in a pitcher for a large group.
Food and nibbles
Make things easier on yourself and host a potluck night. Everyone brings their favorite dish along with the recipe printed out to share with friends. Like a dish? Snap a photo of the recipe with your phone and it’s yours to try at home!
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Trop50 via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Trop50.