1. I will remove make up before going to bed every night. Doing this simple trick will keep skin clean and clear. And make sure you remove eye make up as well, since all that gunk can cause infections and other issues. If it seems like too much effort, try keeping make up removing pads by your bed, like Almay Hypoallergenic Eye Make Up Remover Pads ($4.99 at drugstore.com).
2. I will wash my make up brushes and throw out expired products. Unwashed brushes can cause acne and contaminate make up, making it expire faster. Expired products don’t work as well and can cause breakouts and infections. Keep everything clean and fresh, and you’ll be all set! Wash your make up brushes about once every two weeks with a gentle shampoo.
3. I will try a new hair style. Do you wear your hair in a ponytail every day? Do you straighten it every day? In 2010, vow to try something different. Maybe a classic bun, undone waves, or even a pretty new clip.
4. I will master the smokey eye. Whether you learn via an online tutorial, a magazine, or by using a smokey eye kit, this classic eye make up style is a must-do for 2010. If you’re a total beginner with bold make up, try Sephora‘s Smoky Eyes Palette ($38).
5. I will use a moisturizer containing SPF daily. This is probably the most important resolution you can make. A tan might look great now, but all the wrinkles you’re going to have in 20 years? Not so much. I don’t even need to get into the cancer lecture. Protect your face every day, no matter what the weather, by using an SPF 15 moisturizer, like Clean & Clear Soft Oil Free Moisturizer ($8.49 at drugstore.com).
Have a Safe and Happy New Years!! Oh, and don’t forget to wear your glitter eye shadow tonight
Photo source: The Australian Women’s Weekly