Do you ever find yourself loathing those girls who roll out of bed with shiny hair and radiant skin? Well don’t, since looking beautiful in the morning only requires a few extra steps to care for your skin. It’s all about moisture, moisture & more moisture!
- Always slather on moisturizer before bed. You can splurge on a revitalizing cream like Philosophy When Hope Is Not Enough Replenishing Cream ($48 at Sephora) or use something as simple as Vaseline ($0.50 at Amazon.com).
- If the air in your bedroom is dry, it won’t matter how much moisturizer you wear – you will still wake up with parched skin. Invest in a humidifier, like the Honeywell HCM-630 QuietCare 3-Gallon Humidifier ($49.94 at Amazon.com), and make sure to turn it on every night.
- Apply moisturizing lip balm, like Lip Clinic Baume de Nuit Night Lip Balm ($2.99 at Ulta.com) every night to keep lips from getting chapped and cracked.
- Apply an acne spot treatment containing benzoyl peroxide to zap zits overnight. Our pick is Neutrogena On-the-Spot Acne Treatment ($9.99 at Amazon.com).
- Sleep on a satin pillowcase to prevent creases from forming on your face and keep your hair smooth and frizz-free.
- And finally… get eight hours of sleep or more! We know you’ve heard it a million times, but it’s the best thing you can do for your skin and body.