It’s no secret that we love Bare Escentuals Mineral Makeup. I ban myself from going in the store because I simply can’t control my credit card when in the presence of such amazing makeup.
When friends need to go in I blab on and on about what they should get, to the point where sales associates consider offering me a job. Don’t worry though, I don’t actually work for a mineral makeup company so everything I’m telling you is legit; no one is paying me under-the-table (but if you are from B.E and are lookin to throw some dough my way…hit me up).
Okay, so before you dismiss this as just another article advertising mineral makeup, listen up: I’m going to tell you exactly what the benefits are so you can decide if mineral makeup is right for you. There are so many things you need to know (beyond what those ladies tell you in the 3am infomercial) and you may realize that mineral makeup is the best thing for you and your punim (that’s face.)
– Many types of regular makeup (i.e. certain liquid or compressed powder foundations) contain harsh chemicals or fragrances (synthetic dyes, preservatives, etc..)
– Mineral makeup doesn’t contain these extra chemicals and instead most mineral makeups contain titanium dioxide, which is a natural anti-inflammatory and sunscreen. This is especially beneficial if your skin has inflammatory issues (like if it gets red easily or you have acne). The color in mineral makeup is also a natural pigmentation.
– Also, because mineral makeup is a loose powder it doesn’t penetrate deep into your skin. Mineral makeup is non-comedogenic (although it is not the only kind of makeup that is), which means that it will not clog your pores or cause allergic reactions.
– Mineral makeup also looks light and natural so you don’t see harsh lines like with liquid foundation (you know that girl with the clear color division between her neck and face…yah you don’t wanna be her!). In addition, your makeup won’t be cakey, make a mess, or wipe off easily on the collar of your favorite white shirt.
– For those of you with oily skin, the last thing you wanna do is add liquid foundation, which will only pile more grease onto your face. Mineral makeup actually absorbs excess oil giving you a much-desired matte finish.
Okay, so like I said, I’m no spokeswoman. Regular makeup may be working perfectly fine for your skin, but if you have sensitive skin that is easily inflamed or oily, or you are allergic to certain chemicals and fragrances, mineral makeup is probably something you should try. (Or if you simply want to keep those icky chemicals away from that beautiful skin of yours and keep things more natural.)
So here are some brands you may wanna test out. Just like most makeup, there are some pricier options and some cheaper ones. Basically, something for everyone.
Join the revolution, I don’t think you’ll regret it.
this post courtesy of our awesome friends at collegecandy.com