Memorial Day has passed which means summer style is in full swing – it’s time to break out the beach cover ups, shorts, flirty dresses, and trendy sunglasses. And of course, don’t forget your sunscreen! To kick off my favorite season of the year, here are the 10 things I’m loving for summer 2014:
1. Anything Crochet – So easy to style with denim, crochet tops are breezy and chic for both summer days and nights.
2. Heart-shaped sunglasses – Summer is all about having fun, so why not mix things up with some funky sunglasses?
3. Tropical zipper pouch – Nothing screams summer more than palm trees on the beach. This zipper pouch is perfect for packing your toiletries in while traveling, and doubles as a statement clutch.
4. Prints, prints and more prints – Printed shorts are my absolute favorite thing to wear in the summer. Just add a simple tee or tank and you’re ready to head out the door!
5. Midi skirt – We all love our mini skirts, but for staying comfortable on a long summer day, the midi is the way to go.
6. Cutoffs – A pair of well-worn (or at least worn-looking) cutoff shorts is the ultimate summer 2014 styling piece.
7. “Ugly” Sandals – Am I the only one who hopes this trend never goes away? Taking cues from the runway, I’ll happily live in comfortable sandals every day this summer.
8. Oxford flats – As much as I love my sandals, sometimes my outfit needs a shoe with a little more structure. Cut out oxford flats are classy, cute and comfortable.
9. Quality sunscreen – Supergoop! is my favorite brand because it’s infused with vitamins and antioxidants. The mist is the best because it’s so simple to apply.
10. Coral lipstick – Put down the heavy foundation and layers of make up. Simplify your routine this summer with a tinted moisturizer or BB Cream and a seasonal bright hue of lipstick like coral, which matches everything and flatters everyone. Just make sure the tube you pick contains SPF!