1. Ankle Boots are extremely versatile – wear them with jeans, leggings, or even a dress. A pair of black leather booties are definitely a must-have this fall.
While you may not be in any rush to put away those flip flops, you won’t be able to resist these drool-worth fall designer shoes. Luckily, we’ve found more affordable versions for each look. Here are the top 5 fall 2009 shoe trends:
Left: Robert Clergerie Danys High Heel Booties, $685 at ShopBop
Right: Terra Plana Women’s Capricorn Ankle Boots $120.97 at Endless.com
2. Over-the-knee Boots are one of the more daring trends for fall. You can pull them off with skinny jeans or a mid-thigh length skirt. Just avoid the plaid mini skirts!
Left: Brian Atwood Suede Thigh-high Boots, $1,235 at Net-A-Porter
Right: Sesto Meucci Women’s Nicole Boot, $194 at Endless.com
3. Tough details, like studs, zippers and oversized buckles, have been hot for a couple seasons now. Pair a pair of studded heels with skinny jeans and a black tank and you’ve got the perfect “going out” outfit!
Left: Christian Louboutin Very Prive Peep-Toe Pumps, $995 at Saks
Right: Oh DEER! Women’s Deluxe Pump, $85 at Endless.com
4. The color purple was a favorite of many designers on the fall 2009 runways. A pair of purple pumps will add some color to your cold-weather outfits and, unlike the above styles, can be worn in situations where you need to look a little more professional.
Left: DAVIS by Ruthie Davis Ice Platform Pumps, $895 at ShopBop
Right: daniblack Patent Platform Pump, $160 at Cusp
5. Velvet was used this year in dresses, pants, and everything else on the fall runways. Ease your way into this trend with a pair of velvet flats – just don’t wear them when it’s raining or snowing!
Left: Miu Miu Velvet Banana Flats, $250 at Net-A-Porter
Right: AK Anne Klein Women’s Pierre Flat, $85 at Endless.com