Glitter nail polish is festive and fun for the holidays… until you try to take it off, that is. The glitter can be stubborn and difficult to remove, unless you know the secret to getting it off with ease. Here’s how to do it:
- Use an all-acetone remover. To protect skin from its drying effects, apply a cuticle oil before you use it.
- Soak 10 cotton balls (one for each finger – you can also rip them in half and use 5) in the nail polish remover.
- Apply a cotton ball to each finger nail, securing it with a rubber band.
- Let the cotton balls sit on your nails for a couple minutes, then remove them each with a swipe.
- Eliminate any specks of glitter that are still left over by gently buffing the nail until they are gone.
- Apply some more cuticle oil so your nails don’t get dried out.